The flagship DSLR is selected as the majority’s favourite to be a recipient of Japan’s Camera Grand Prix 2016
SINGAPORE – Nikon’s FX-format flagship DSLR, the D5 is the proud recipient of the Camera GP (Grand Prix) 2016 Readers Award as announced today by Nikon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Honoured by recognition from the esteemed Camera Journal Press Club, Japan, the D5 is selected as a winner through a voting process by camera users. Out of the nine times the Readers Award has been presented, Nikon DSLR cameras have been the recipients of the award a total of seven times, proving that Nikon cameras are extremely popular with, and appreciated by, a great number of camera users.
Earlier this year, the D5 was also the recipient of the TIPA Awards 2016 Best DSLR Professional/Action awards, sponsored by the Technical Image Press Association (TIPA).
• The D5 exhibits the absolute performance and presence of a flagship model. I am especially impressed with its unparalleled performance at high sensitivities, which greatly expands the possibilities for imaging expression
• I really like the fact that it is a still camera that offers a level of advancement never before seen with all major functions, including AF, AE, and high-sensitivity characteristics, and that it clearly expresses the direction cameras and technology will take in the future
• With features such as support for standard sensitivities as high as ISO 102400, advanced AF, and a touch screen monitor, this model seems indicative of what we can expect of flagship models in the future. In addition, the availability of two versions of the camera, one supporting XQD cards and one CompactFlash cards clearly shows that Nikon took both existing users and new users into consideration with development
• The excellence of this camera is something of which Japan can be extremely proud of
• A new-generation, 153-point AF system capable of capturing the intended subject under a wide variety of conditions
• High-speed continuous shooting at up to approximately 12 fps*1 with a viewfinder display that keeps the view through the lens incredibly stable for clear visibility
• Consistently superior image quality, even with shooting at high sensitivities
• Equipped with a 4K UHD (3840 × 2160) movie recording function that videographers will find very useful
• Functions and performance that respond to a variety of on-site demands and achieve a fast workflow
1 At shutter speeds of 1/250 s or faster in CH release mode
Nikon. At the Heart of the Image. Nikon is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras; Nikon sports optics as well as the Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lens system in over 50 countries. For more information, visit http://nikon-asia.com. Connect with Nikon and other photographers on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NikonAsia and get the latest news and information from Twitter by following @NikonAsia.